Re: Run a Terminal missing in gnome-keybinding-properties

On 13/01/07, Dylan Semler <dylan.semler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have two machines, a desktop and a laptop.  Both have a fully updated FC6
installed.  In gnome-keybinding-properties on my desktop, there is an entry
for "Run a Terminal" where I can specify a shortcut to open a terminal.  On
my laptop, this entry and many others (like workspace switching shortcuts)
are missing.  I've been searching for some obscure rpm that perhaps I'm
missing, but I'm at my wit's end.  What could be going on here?

I assume you are using metacity, not compiz (ie. not using Desktop
Effects)? Compiz does not have a terminal keybinding but you can use
its command keybinding options at
/apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/{run_}command<n>{key}.

--
Mark Knoop