Re: Muting mplayerplugin ?

even if I turn the volume mute in the gnome panel applet, when I open a
video stream by means of mplayerplugin, the volume remains still on. How
can I turn it off ?

Perhaps mplayer is using OSS, whereas the volume control applet is
likely to be controlling the ALSA interface.

Try putting ao=alsa in ~/.mplayer/config

--
Mark Knoop