Re: is nfsv4 working on fc6?

Phil Meyer wrote:
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Does nfs4 work on fc6.  Either I'm missing a critical setup step or it
is just plain broken.  I can mount the directory with nfs v3, but when
I try nfsv4 I get the following error.

    [root@arbol wolfgang]# mount arbol:/u/wolfgang /mnt -t nfs4
    mount.nfs4: Operation not permitted
    [root@arbol wolfgang]# mount arbol:/u/wolfgang /mnt -t nfs
    [root@arbol wolfgang]#
I found some instructions at the following link, but I believe that
all my files are setup in a comparable (but not identical) fashion.
Surely someone has gotten this working.  What was the trick?

    http://www.brennan.id.au/19-Network_File_System.html#nfs4

-wolfgang

I am not certain, but historically mount wanted the mount point argument last.

Try: mount -t nfs4 arbol:/u/wolfgang /mnt

Also, on wolfang, can you run a nfsstat command? That will tell you for sure that it is sharing with nfs4 enabled. You should notice a section entitled:

Server nfs v4:

OOps, run nfsstat on arbol :)