Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 35, Issue 109

Does nfs4 work on fc6.  Either I'm missing a critical setup step or it
is just plain broken.  I can mount the directory with nfs v3, but when
I try nfsv4 I get the following error.

    [root@arbol wolfgang]# mount arbol:/u/wolfgang /mnt -t nfs4
    mount.nfs4: Operation not permitted
    [root@arbol wolfgang]# mount arbol:/u/wolfgang /mnt -t nfs
[root@arbol wolfgang]#
I found some instructions at the following link, but I believe that
all my files are setup in a comparable (but not identical) fashion.
Surely someone has gotten this working.  What was the trick?

    http://www.brennan.id.au/19-Network_File_System.html#nfs4

-wolfgang
Yes, I made it work.
If you configured your server correctly, then attempt to mount with nfs4 version should be made differently then with nfs. nfs4 uses 'pseudo' file system and nfs2,3 not - they use absolute path on the server. The root of pseudo fs is marked in exports file with fsid=0 option. All other mount points on the client are referred relative to that mount point. It is highly unlikely that you have it matching the root of the server fs - you would be exporting the whole server's file system root partition. If you don't have this fsid=0 record in /etc/exports, then nfs4 is confused and fails with the complain that you see. Documentations is not clear on that at all, I figured it out by just trying different things.

Leon