Re: Ripping sound from videos with mplayer

Ric Moore wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 16:55 +0000, Mark Knoop wrote:
On 11/01/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 13:00 +0000, Mark Knoop wrote:
On 11/01/07, Roberto Malinverni <roberto.malinverni@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I remember a switch like "-ao pcm", and you should even be able to specify
the otput files's name.
mplayer -noframedrop -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm:file=outfile.wav yourfilm
That works! but is that stereo? It sounds like mono output, kinda flat
between the speakers. Which tools do you use? Ric
It will (should) be what's ever in the original. What do you get from

mplayer -frames 0 -identify yourfilm | grep AUDIO:
Well, here's an educational opportunity for me and probably for others.
Your suggestion produced some fine wav files. I cranked up k3b,
converted them to mp3 format, they play back just fine with mplayer, but
k3b claims that they are now unsupported formats, after it did such a
great job of converting them to mp3. What gives? I'm trying to make a CD
for my traveling enjoyment and what it converted it cannot use????

Man, I'm confused here. The only format my car stereo will accept is
MP3, right?? Or, am I in need of some education here. Thank you for your
help. Ric

Just a shot in the dark.  A k3b-mp3 plug-in?

--
Robin Laing