Re: Scanner whoa-s - Finding my HP ScanJet scanner on FC6

P Jones wrote:
On 1/11/07, Whil Hentzen <linuxnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trouble here in brew city...

FC6 on a TP T30, fully patched and updated.

HP ScanJet 6200C on a USB port that works fine with other devices (like
a mouse and a camera.) The Linux compatibility list has this on the list.

Scanner has been working fine with other systems for years.

xsane 0.991 can't find the scanner.

So I run sane-find-scanner both as me and as root, and it reports no
results. Weird. I run lsusb and lo-and-behold...

Bus 001 Device 011: ID..... Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 6200C

Then I run xsane again and voila, there it is! Just posting this in case
someone else is trying to do the same thing. "Don't know what I did, but
it works now."

I am happy, cuz it's a darn nifty scanner - big ol' flat bed.

Whil Hentzen
Milwaukee

Whil;

Do you have to run lsusb every time you boot up to be able to scan?

-P

If you run /sbin/lsusb one time after boot, to see if your scanner is seen on usb, then it should be enough.
Go to http://xsane.org and see if your scanner is compatible with sane.
do a Google on your scanner, Linux, HP scanjet 6200C , get feedback from other users.

Jim