Re: Procmail regexp

On Friday 12 January 2007 10:11, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 10Jan2007 10:12, Matthew Benjamin <msbenjamin12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | Can someone help me? I have a pprocmail receipe that I am trying to
> | filter out OOO messages. It works on the second or criteria but not the
> | first here is the regexp
> |
> | *^Subject:.*(out of office|out of the office)
> |
> | I want this to filter out any of these occurances regardless of case or
> | spacing.
>
> Try making it all lowercase (see the "S").
> Got an example message that got past your rule?

No, '* ^Subject:' is correct.  If half of the filter is working you can't be
far off what you need.  The only thing I can think of is that I always have a
space after the colon, before the expression - i.e. *^Subject: .*(out of
office|out of the office).  I'm not convinced that that's the problem, which
is why I didn't suggest it before,  but it's worth a try.

Anne