Re: Latest xorg update breaks beryl ! (SOLVED)

On Jan 11, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Wolfgang wrote:

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 11:19 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
On Thursday 11 January 2007 3:06 am, Todd Zullinger wrote:
Eric Donkersloot wrote:
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so had been overwritten by
the xorg package...recompiling the nvidia driver did the trick...

That sounds like a good reason to use a properly packaged version of
the nvidia driver - one that doesn't overwrite other files on the
system and cause odd failures such as this.  :)

Indeed. For this very reason I strongly recommend NOT using the default nvidia installer, but one of the packaged rpms from an FC repo, either livna or atrpms for instance. These rpms, almongst over useful these avoid conflicts
like this.

I use a custom kernel (I need a different kernel stack size), so using a packaged version is not an option for me.

Cheers,

Eric
--
Eric Donkersloot