Re: unsubscribe

On 1/10/07, Joe Feely <j.feely@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 09:18 -0500, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 01/10/2007 04:34:37 AM, Anne Harriss wrote:
>  I made the mistake of putting myself on this list, a few days ago,
>  and have been inundated with hundreds of e-mails every day, which are
> continuing in spite of my previous message asking you to unsubscribe
>  me.
>
>  What are you going to do about it?

(Maybe this is a bit obvious).
I find this list useful, informative and enjoyable.
However, initially I received each individual email posted, that was a
bit much for me. Then I amended my subscription to receiving digests,
which sends me a manageable number of emails (about 4/5 a day).
Perhaps this would suit you better.

Joe

Or get an invite for a gmail account (not hard to get as many have it,
myself included if anyone needs one).  I find it great for keeping all
the e-mail from various listservs.  Lots of storage, and the power of
Google to search through for previous postings on a topic I run into
before posting something to the list.

If you've never used Gmail it will require a bit of different thinking
at first because you use labels instead of folders.  After you get
past that it's pretty good.  If you are going to use it for regular
mail as well, make sure you have a filter to catch any e-mail
personally addressed to you to label accordingly.  Otherwise it will
quickly get lost amongst the various listserv messages.

Jacques B.