Re: [fc5] keyring manager

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Michael A. Peters wrote:

Now that there are four wireless networks I need to connect to, I
decided it was time to give NetworkManager another shot. It still seems
subpar with my atheros wireless card (it seems to have a problem
detecting real signal strength) - but it sure beats the hell out of
entering hex keys all the time.

Anyway - now every freaking time I need to go wireless, it wants the
password to my default keyring.

You should be prompted ony once per login.

I'd really like to set up a keyring just for wireless connections that
doesn't need to be locked - I can't find any way to do this, but it is a
royal PITA. I can't even figure out how to get apps that need to
authenticate to use anything other than the default keyring.

gnome-keyring-manager has a yelp file, but um, it seems less than
useful ...

Anywhoo - one keyring that requires a password for my ftp/webdav shares
would be cool - and a second keyring that is never locked for wireless
connection hex keys would be cool. Is there any way to do this?

You can have multiple keyrings, but they'll all be protected. But how about a keyring that doesn't prompt you?

If your keyring password is the same as your login password, you can install pam_keyring and it wil take care of unlocking your keyring for you.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu