FC6 Troubleshooting

Fedora Core 6 Users and Installers!

Be sure to bookmark this link!

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Fedora_Core_6_-_Troubleshooting

You won't regret it. Already I found a simple patch to the Adobe Reader launch script that Adobe provides for the latest version (7.0.8). I don't know how this got past their quality controllers, but Adobe seems to have goofed up a regular expression and shortchanged the GTK version check. The guide will tell you where to insert /two/ characters into the acroread script to get it to run.

But isn't open-source fun? Just imagine if this had happened to a Windows program. People would be standing in line around the block to return it. Here, all we need do is insert two characters into a script, to make the difference between success and failure. And of course it helps to have smart people able to spot these flaws.

Temlakos