FC6 Cups with Samsung - 1610 laser printer

I am using a Samsung ML-1610 laser printer.
I am experiencing many problems in printing images either with Eog,
Gimp or documents including same images as a openoffice writer
document or a PDF document.
I can't print my photo (that it is not a real problem as I use an
external lab)!!!
When I installed the printer (that was working a little bit better
with previous versions of Cups) I was compelled to use the GDI driver,
as if I try to use Postscript driver I get an internal cups server
error..
When I try to print an image i see red light flashing but no printing!!!
Any help

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag