Re: k3b limits to 4.4GB for dual layer burns?

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Kirk Lowery wrote:

I just upgraded from fc5 to fc6. I have a Sony dual layer DVD burner
that has worked just fine, although I have not burned a dual layer
disc before.

k3b recognizes the media just fine: 8.0 GB, etc. But when I go to set
up a new project, it only allows 4.4 gigs.

Is this a k3b limitation? Config error? Pilot error? (nah...couldn't be! ;-)

It is "non-obvious".

Right click on the lower status bar at the bottom of the window and select 8 gig. (Should be where it says "4.4 gig available" or something similar.)

I have burned a number of dual layer discs. Works fine, except when I have encountered crappy media.

Hope that helps.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark