Re: A really good article on software usability

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 13:16 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On every annoying dialog box you can have a checked checkbox that says
> 'annoy me with this stupid question every time'.  Or something like
> that.  We are starting to see them in some browser popups.

Yes, but again, they don't always work in intelligent ways.  For
example, on MSIE, if you tick the don't bother me option, then click the
don't accept cookie button, the next time a server sends a cookie your
browser doesn't reject it, it accepts it without prompting.

Opera tries to not do that, but came up with the most convoluted set of
descriptions for what they're going to do.  But it doesn't work
sensibly.  You click the don't accept and don't bother me again, and you
get asked the same question for several more cookies from that page.  It
ought to start working immediately.