Re: How to display CLI output on another machine

On Sunday 07 January 2007 23:25, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> El Domingo, 7 de Enero de 2007 23:20, Nigel Henry escribió:

> > > One of us is confused. If you ssh from B to A then what you do on A is
> > > seen in the terminal window on B. I assume the reason you just don't
> > > copy it from  the terminal window on B into your kmail mail message is
> > > you can't see all of the putput at the same time. Another option is the
> > > script command which will allow everything that happens in the terminal
> > > window be captured in a file called typescript.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Ok. I'll try this again. I have text on machine B's Konsole, and wish to
> > view this text from machine A so that I can use some of it as a reply to
> > this wouldn't be a problem, but I don't, and all the email arrives on
> > machine A.
>
> screen screen screen screen screen, did I write screen? ;-)

OK. Give me a bit of slack here. You quoted as below.

Definetly, run a screen on machine B and work as usual, then ssh from A to B
and run screen -RD.
It will work from now on!! :-)

I've only been working with Linux since 2003, and have lots to learn.

What do I need to do to run screen on machine B?

Nigel.