Re: Restarting modem/router through software

On 1/7/07, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My problem is that during the night I
> leave my computer downloading and the downloads are interrupted
> because the Internet connection becomes sort of blocked (needing a
> power off and on of the modem).

Have you tried complaining to your ISP and getting the modem replaced?

It sounds like either faulty firmware or overheating.  Do you have the modem in
a location where it gets some ventilation?  Some folks jam them into a corner
and pile books and papers on top of them and then wonder why they overheat....

You may be right, Frank: I have my modem on the top of my computer
(CPU), in a corner, and it may overheat.

Paul