Re: FC5 to FC6 success story

On 1/5/07, Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just thought I would report this, for anybody who is looking for it
in the future.  I just upgraded my FC5 installation to FC6 on my
Compaq Presario 2100 laptop.

First of all, I had some difficulty reading the installation DVD so I
booted with

linux ide=nodma

and was able to perform the upgrade from there.  After I booted, I attempted a

$ sudo yum update

Hi,
I just used as root

#yum clean all
and
#yum update

and everything was OK.

Just for the info.
regards,

Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
(Using FC6, CentOS4.4 and Ubuntu 6.06)
http://www.go2linux.org