Re: Bare metal restore/backup program

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:31:47 -0500 (EST)
aragonx@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What do you use for backups?

I just use rsync to a external usb2 drive. I've restored from
bare metal before by installing a fresh FC6 with minimal packages
(which doesn't take long) just to get all the partitions setup
and grub installed on MBR and wot-not, then booted in rescue
mode and used rsync to copy the backups over the top of the new
install and get back exactly what I had at last backup. Seemed
to work OK, haven't noticed any problems doing it (not that I
do it frequently if I can help it :-).