Re: FC6: pestered by zombies

| From: Alexander Volovics <awol@xxxxxxx>

| How can I permanently get rid of these zombies?

I recommend
  http://www.zombiesurvivalguide.com/
Unfortunately it seems to require flash.  So this might be better:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

(Actually, I've only read the follow up book:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z
Very good.)

| I am not aware of using anything that might trigger netstat.
| Is there anything in fc6 itself that uses netstat regularly?

Zombies happen because the parent process neglects to reap them.  So
it is a bug in or involving the parent process.  You should be able to
figure out what the parent is.  That may also be a hint as to why
netstat is being run at all.

One way of finding out process relationships is to run this command in a
very wide xterm window:
  ps laxgwf | less