Re: [OT] Sendmail Question

Dan Track schrieb:

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Maybe if I explain what I'm doing it might help.
I've written this small mailer program that send mails to a number of
people, the config file contains live email addresses. What I'd like
to do is run the program on my desktop, and use my local sendmail to
accept the emails but then to delete or drop them. Bear in mind that
these are live email addresses so if they get out the people will be
rather annoyed.

Let me know if I've not made myself clear

Thanks for your help.
Dan

Add to your sendmail.mc

LOCAL_CONFIG
F{VirtHost}/etc/mail/virtual-domains

while virtual-domains contains a line per domain

domainA.tld
domainB.tld

In virtusertable add entries for the test user mail addresses pointing to an aliases entry, which itself looks like this

blackhole: /dev/null

Alexander