Various questions

Please could you tell me how I find what is my "Admin address" to log into these pages?

More seriously, I have a problem. My son installed linux Fedora, and wrote down the root password down for me...except that he made a mistake in writing it down, and so I can't download updates, etc. OK, so I need to change the password, and he told me how to do that. Except that when I write the new one, the respons in the Grub command is that it needs authenticating. Well, I don't understand what THAT means. What do I do?

A. Harriss