Re: how to force the use of a web proxy?

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi List I have FC6, FC5, CentOS and Mepis boxes in my network. I have a proxy which filters web access. I want to be able to force the entire network to use the proxy. Currently I've simply gone to firefox and added the proxy to the connection settings - however any user could change this back to direct connection if they wanted to...

How can I force the network for each box to use the proxy and basically not work at all if the user tries to use a direct connection to the internet?

Thanks in advance

Can you set your router/gateway to refuse web connections from any device other than your proxy server? Most web sites use tcp port 80