Re: kpilot on FC6

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:02:47 +0000
Matt Davey <mcdavey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I tried gpilot, and  it actually started transferring data.  However it stalled
> > before completion and refused to work again after that one time.
>
> It's rare to hear of stalling mid-sync.

As I said, it only happened once and never again.

>The only common example I can
> think of is where certain pdb/prc files would fail to back up because
> they contained illegal code segments > 64k.

I actually restored it (or tried to) back to the image that I had backed up
from it the last time I updated it, several months ago.

> Can you rule out hardware faults?  Do you have a working windows setup
> with the same hardware?

I don't have any Windows setups at all.  I can't rule out hardware fault in
absolute terms, but since I saw this same behaviour under FC4 and it went away
under FC5 only to apparently return under FC6, the circumstances really do
appear to point to software errors of some kind.

I did file a Red Hat bug report regarding this issue over this past weekend, but
it has apparently not been updated since I filed it.