Re: Making Fedora Boot CD

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 17:29 -0600, Coy Scott wrote:
> I think I would prefer not to try reconfiguring the Windows XP
> bootloader.  I doubt there would be any helpful Microsoft
> documentation about their bootloader.  Besides, I strongly suspect
> that the Gateway/Microsoft self-repairing software would detect the
> change and force a reinstallation of Windows XP and overwriting of the
> master boot record.

All you're doing with this approach is adding another entry to the boot
list, the actual bootloader is left alone.  Windows won't protest about
it, nor change it on you.  If you have a system that continually repairs
modifications to what it thinks is damage to the MBR, then this is about
the only way you're going to manage it.

By the way, top posting is frowned upon on this list.  You earn the ire
of those who might give you the best answers.

I read messages from the public lists.