Re: Latest FCs and LDAP

Mark Haney wrote:
Okay, so what's the deal with the latest openldap versions with FC5 or 6 and hanging on reboots if you have ldap in nsswitch.conf? I have over a dozen FC boxes that I use ldap with and I'm getting extremely frustrated with the last couple of openldap packages I've updated to. Each and every one of them hangs on 'Starting System Message Bus....' UNLESS I remove ldap from nsswitch.conf.

The only known fix is to pull that from nsswitch prior to a reboot, but this is just silly. I have a half dozen other distros from Debian to Gentoo and Suse with these versions and they don't have the problem, so what gives? I can't continue to kluge my way through this every time I reboot these servers. Fortunately I don't need to reboot very often, but unfortunately when I do need to, I forget to do this and have to reboot multiple times.

Any hints on a fix?  Or a timeline to a fix?

Have you filed any bug reports? If not search bugzilla and report this problem with the version details and logs. A bugzilla report is the first minimum effort you would need to take to reach the package maintainer.

Rahul