Problem starting cyrus imap in FC6 Was:[Re: Newbie needs help]

Am Dienstag, 2. Januar 2007 13:19 schrieb Andreas Winkelmann:
> On Tuesday 02 January 2007 02:46, Carsten Laun-De Lellis wrote:
> > I ran into a problem with an postfix-mysql-cyrus installation and i don't
> > know what to do.
> >
> > I used the postfix-cyrus howto to set up the server. The postfix, the
> > saslauthd and mysql server started without any problem, but when i tried
> > to start cyrus i got the following error message:
> >
> > cyrus-imapd Datenbanken importieren:
> > [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
> >
> > It is a german error message and it means:
> >
> > import of cyrus imapd databases:         terminated
>
> Hmm, this is a Script from FC/RH. I don't know what it does, when it tries
> to "import Databases".

The FC Start/Stop scripts do as follow (only importent parts of the script):

Start:

      $RUNUSER - cyrus -c "umask 166 ; /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb_all >
${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log 2>&1" < /dev/null
      RETVAL=$?
      if [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]; then
        success $"$BASENAME importing databases"
      else
        failure $"$BASENAME error importing databases, check
${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log"
      fi

Stop:

      echo -n $"Exporting $BASENAME databases: "
      cd $CONFIGDIRECTORY
      $RUNUSER - cyrus -c "umask 166 ; /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb_all
export > ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_export.log 2>&1" < /dev/null
      RETVAL2=$?
      if [ $RETVAL2 -eq 0 ]; then
        success $"$BASENAME exporting databases"
      else
        failure $"$BASENAME error exporting databases, check
${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_export.log"
      fi

Please check the log files located in /var/lib/imap/rpm

HTH,
	Uwe

PS: I do a x'post to Fedore Mailing List