Re: donated computers lab setup

Ric Moore wrote:

Well here's one of huge magnitude that needs Linux users to reclaim Open
Source ground that Windows and Mac users have grabbed a hold of.

http://www.croquetcollaborative.org

Yeah, I'm gonna pang on this one until we get some interest started.

After reading the opening page, I still don't know what it is.

People like Alan Kay are directing this project and if we snooze we
lose. The project is completely Open Source, but from the people I am in

I suppose this is intended to be a clumny both against the project
and the man. I know nothing about Alan Kay, except that you think
he is doing a good thing in a bad way.

[snip]

This is bigger than spreadsheets and databases ever thought of being.
IMHO, it's the next Big Thing that can issue in the New Era. The dnload

Oh, no. Not another "New Era". I've got enough of them, already.

[snip]

I'd REALLY like to see the Fedora Foundation and RH take this one under
their wing as Alan Kay is also part of the $100 one-laptop-per-child
project, as is RH and MIT. I'm using it for my OAR project to reduce the

Ah. This I'm familiar with.

recidivism rate among the 2.7 million incarcerated in the US. As much as

Poor victims of society, I suppose.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.