Re: good command-line audio player for fc5?

Ski Dawg wrote:
On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 13:49 -0600, Peter Horst wrote:
> Ah, thank you. Is there a way to "fake" being logged in on the console? > I would like to leave this particular machine sitting in the closet and > only ever login via ssh....

First, sorry if this is double posted. I didn't see my first post come
through the list.

Anyway, to try and answer your question.
You can try running everything within a screen session.

[snip]
I've been running screen now for a couple of days - what an extraordinarily useful program. Once I learned how to name the individual buffers (CTRL-a A) and access the scrollback buffer (CTRL-a [), I was in business. I log into my "server" via PuTTY on my laptop, and I've always had a ton of trouble with wireless network flakiness destroying sessions midway through. Now with screen I don't have to worry about that. If the network goes down, it doesn't matter. I just log back in and run 'screen -D -R' and I'm exactly where I left off.

Thanks for the pointer.