Re: Enable printer wierdness ??

Hi Karn and Aaron;

On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 16:42 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 13:37 -0500, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;

> > I login, check my printer_config settings and my HP psc_1310_series
> > printer is check marked as enabled.  Open a word processing or text
> > editing program such as Open Office Writer, AbiWord, emacs or gedit and
> > try and print a test page.  The test page is put in the queue but no
> > printing.  I again check my printer_config; my HP psc_1310_series
> > printer is no longer enabled.  If I re-checkmark the enabled box and
> > 'Apply', the printer immediately prints everything in the queue even if
> > I have cancelled all the outstanding jobs.

> The fact that you indicate that you are chek marking a printer as
> enabled leads me to believe you are not using the cups web page to
> configure your printers. Is that true? If so that is a mistake. Use the
> web interface ans maybe your troubles will disappear.

I am not using the Cups web page printer setup.  I have tried both.
George (the system-configure-printer gui) and Cups are supposed to be
equivalent in FC6.  (system-configure-printer gui is quite a mouthful,
so I just call the little printer icon George).

At least that is what I have been told Fedora is striving for.  In any
case, Cups gives me no joy, in fact it makes things worse by not
printing anything ( but I haven't looked into why).

--
Regards Bill, FC6