Re: wireless card doesn't work...

My recomendation, that may draw flames would be to forget about FEDORA's guis for now...

Get it working from the command line. even if you only test it using PING.

I find that FEDORA gui's work fine when the hardware is recognized on bootup. but special software I find battling the GUI's slow me down until I understand what the problem is. sometimes you need an updated driver, or try a different backend. then GUI is a frontend that works with different backends.

Myself I have to run a Shell script manualy to get my ACX100 chipset to work... it took me a month or so of tinkering, but I got the card to work. All I needed was the NDISWRAPER and it worked like a charm. kinda cheating in the eyes of open source, but what works eh?.... then my guis recognized it flawlessly.

Again, I bid you fun and luck.

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Dave Sampson wrote:

Try out this tutorial:

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch13_:_Linux_Wireless_Networking
The wireless battle is a fun one... good luck

Linux WiFi is not fun.
Setting up and maintaining a WiFi LAN
is a very painful experience.

The tutorial above seems rather good,
though it doesn't mention NetworkManager.
I've been trying this for a couple of weeks,
and have very mixed feelings about it.
When it works it is fine;
when it stops working it is very hard to recover,
in my experience.
Even re-booting often will not do the trick,
at least in my setup.