Re: MS office Under Linux

> Liloulinx wrote:
>
> > Is "Harbrace" a software or just a book? If it is also a
> soft, please
> > give me the link to download it (if it is free).
> >
> > thnx
>
>    A Harbrace is short for the "Harbrace Handbook".
. . . .
>    There are other handbooks out there detailing proper
> English grammar
> but the Harbrace was one with which quite a few of us grew
> up. I think
> with the internationalization of business (brought on in
> large part by
> the Internet), most people understand that not everyone
> speaks English
> and the majority will give grammatical mistakes a pass when it is
> directly from a non-native speaker.
>
> Patrick

Liloulinux:

Kudos for your care and interest in trying to communicate clearly and
effectively.  It is true that most people will forgive grammatical errors --
but it's always preferable to be careful and clear (in any language) if you
can.

At the risk of sliding off topic, I found these books helpful and you might
like them too.

_The Elements of Style_, by Strunk and White.  This has been called the
"little book", and it has some of the nicest explanations of what
well-written English is like.

_The Careful Writer_, by Theodore Bernstein.  This book tends more to
English usage as opposed to strict grammar -- that is, the words and phrases
that are commonly used by English speakers, and not only the mechanics of
writing.  The word history in this book is fun to read.

Enjoy!   Erik