Re: Error message: "Totem could not play mms"

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Reg Clemens wrote:

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:55:24 -0700, Reg Clemens wrote:

When trying to play video clips from www.cnn.com, I get the
error message

     Totem could not play mms

are there codecs somewhere to upgrade Totem?
What about Mplayer?

I have no problem viewing those clips with mplayer.

I have no idea how to try to use Mplayer rather than Totem
in Firefox,- the option to change doesnt seem to be in
preferences anywhere... Is it possible to change and would
it help?

I simply removed totem.

Well, I obviously have removed too much, since I now get
a popup that says

google for mplayerplug-in

one thing tho, i removed the realplay plugins this pkg installs so firefox can natively use the realplayer nphelix.* plugins, without it, sites like the BBC wont work when you click on listen/watch

---

       PLUGIN WARNING
NO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER DETECTED

---

Mumph.

--
Cheers
Res

"So, you think you can tell Heaven from Hell?" - Roger Waters