Cinepaint

Does anyone have Cinepaint running in FC6?
I've downloaded the ver 21 tarball and running configure yields up the
following toward the very end:

checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.

If I run this I see the following gtk stuff installed on my system:

$ rpm -qa | grep gtk
gtk2-engines-2.8.0-1.fc6
usermode-gtk-1.87-3
libgtk-java-2.8.7-2.fc6
gtkhtml3-3.12.2-1.fc6
gtk-sharp2-2.10.0-3.fc6
gtkspell-2.0.11-2.1
gtk+-1.2.10-55.fc6
authconfig-gtk-5.3.12-1.fc6
pygtk2-2.10.3-3.fc6
gtkhtml2-2.11.0-3
gnome-python2-gtksourceview-2.16.0-1.fc6
gtk-murrine-engine-0.31-1.leofc6
pygtk2-libglade-2.10.3-3.fc6
gtk2-devel-2.10.4-8.fc6
gtk2-2.10.4-8.fc6
gtksourceview-1.8.0-1.fc6
libswt3-gtk2-3.2.1-23.fc6

I could really use the more robust aspects of Cinepaint over the Gimp - does
anyone know where I need to go to pursue this? I've tried the rpm search but
the most recent rpm I can find is for FC4, which used to run under FC5, but
won't install on FC6 with the following errors:

Missing Dependency: libIex.so.2 is needed by package cinepaint
Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.2 is needed by package cinepaint
Missing Dependency: libHalf.so.2 is needed by package cinepaint
Missing Dependency: libImath.so.2 is needed by package cinepaint

Searches on rpmbone and google yield up openEXR packages for those libs -
openEXR is already installed on my system, though presumably, not the version
I need

So, to get back to my question, is this going nowhere, or has someone
succeeded in getting Cinepaint to run on FC6?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA