Re: donated computers lab setup

On Fri December 29 2006 4:55 pm, Kam Leo wrote:
> I was referring to running the "Live" DVD; i.e. trial/test/demo,
> nothing installed on HD. Let me know if you can find a recent disto
> that will run on your 128 and 256 MB boxen.

>From the elive homepage:

Minimum Requirements: The minimum hardware for running Elive is a 100 Mhz CPU
and 64 MB of RAM, but the minimum recommended hardware is 300 Mhz and 128 Mb
of RAM. You don't need any special graphic card or 3D acceleration to run
Elive.

Elive is Debian based, and is a very nice distro for showing off Linux.
MepisLite was another one that ran very nicely on older hardware
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA