FC6: Desktop Messed Up After Updates

Hi,

I did a clean install of FC6 x64. (On VMWare 6.0 Beta on a Vista Ultimate x64 (RTM) host.) When the system came up, it told me there were 156 updates. I applied all the updates except for frysk, which seems to have conflicts w/ the previous version.

When I rebooted the system, my desktop is completely messed up. All of the panels are gone execpt for one tiny one that has a few of the widgets I had installed the windows have different borders, and the terminal window seems to be larger and uses a different font.

Thinking that perhaps my session got messed up somehow, I tried logging in as root, which I had never done before. That desktop was the same way.

Has anyone else seen this? What can I try to correct it?

Regards,
Eric Mader
IBM GCoC - ICU Team