Re: donated computers lab setup

Ric Moore wrote:
On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 15:59 -0600, Tom Poe wrote:

I recently received 10 computers from an organization that wants them put to use. They're PI and PII boxes, which surely can be useful in many ways. First thing, though, I need to see how many actually work. Then I need to have a barebones OS to put on them. If the drives work, they'll be really small. Any suggestions? Anyone doing something similar?
Happy New Year,
Tom

Good Will Industries used to slap FC3 on theirs, in Roanoke VA. Great
people to do so. They'd sell an entire outfit for $100. I doubt FC5 or
FC6 would install though. Happy New Year to you, too. Ric

If the discs are really small, then you might consider a LiveCD like
KNOPPIX or Scientific Linux Live. You can find a long list here:

http://www.livecdlist.com/

Puppy Linux allows one to use a multi-session CD or DVD to save
one's complete install, along with changes, and then run out
of RAMdisc.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.