Re: renaming a file....

Remi Collet wrote:
> Jacques B. a écrit :
>> Not to detract from your question, but once answered I'd be
>> interested in some input on the difference in using xarg vs -exec.
>>
> Using xarg seems subject to command line size limit.

Using xargs will help you avoid the problem of hitting the command
line size limit.

> find -exec run the command once for each file.

Which is very inefficient when you're doing something that could be
done on all the files at once.  Generally I think using xargs is more
appropriate.

Truth is like a well-known whore.  Everybody knows her but it's
embarrassing to meet her in the street.
    -- Wolfgang Borchert