Re: FC6 and "Realtek High Definition Audio" problem

On 12/27/06, Martin Denham <mjdenham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have just installed FC6 but there is no sound.

Do you know if ALSA supports "Realtek High Definition Audio" on-board sound.

Here is a list of what is installed:
[me@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep alsa
alsa-lib-1.0.12-2.fc6
alsa-utils-1.0.12-3.fc6
alsa-lib-devel-1.0.12-2.fc6
alsa-lib-1.0.12-2.fc6

The "Soundcard Detection" program displays "nVidia Corporation MCP61
High Definition Audio", but I don't know why it displays that, or if it should.

A common problem is that alsa sound is muted by default.  Launch
alsamixer (from the command line) and have a look.

Daniel