Re: buildreq

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 06:16, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> The subject line is the name of an rpm-utils package file, and it
>> surveys a src tree and builds a list of dependencies suitable for use
>> with rpmbuild.
>>
>> Unfortunately it appears this package has not been made available to
>> fedora users...
>>
>> Anybody know where I can get it in rpm format?
>
>Would yum-builddep from yum-utils fit your requirements?
>
>Rahul

Apparently not Rahul, according to its manpage its married to the
requirement that the src package is also an rpm, which in the two cases
at hand, don't exist, one of them as only an svn checkout I haven't
even ./configured yet.  I'm trying to build a fully compatible rpm, using
checkinstall, from the already built and installed tarball.  I've built
it as an rpm and installed it, but the dependency list is pretty close to
a null entry in the one I've built.  That doesn't matter here as
the ./configure step took care of those as it built the Makefile and
such, but it will matter greatly on someone elses machine that doesn't
have all the deps installed already.

There has to be, someplace, a utility than can scan the files in a
tarballs unpacked and configured tree, or in an svn checkout tree after
its been ./configured, and build a list of the dependencies this package
has.  If there is not, I can't believe its not on somebodies list of
usefull tools.

build-dep from the rpm-utils package, has been suggested as one
possibility, which is why I ask why this package isn't available in a
fedora compatible rpm.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)