Re: Blocking Spam

Tim wrote:
> So, not having heard of using sa-update before, I decided to see
> what it can do.  It does this:
>
> Can't locate Archive/Tar.pm in @INC
[...]
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/sa-update line 94.

This is a packaging bug (#193100).  It was fixed in FC6 back in June
but for whatever reason the fix wasn't made to the FC5 packages.   I
just added a comment to bugzilla to see if this can get fixed for FC5
since it is still supported.

Anyway, the fix for this one is simple, install perl-Archive-Tar.

> I remain unimpressed.

I've been running spamassassin on my desktop and servers for a few
years now and it catches a boatload of spam with a pretty out of the
box setup.  I can't imagine trying to deal with my mail if I didn't
have it.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want,
and deserve to get it good and hard.
    -- H.L. Mencken, "Little Book in C major", 1916