Re: google earth and slow frame rates

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:25:41 -0800
"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200612@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there something I can do to get it to run faster?  (Like turning
> off the opengl things it was griping about?)

I don't even remember exactly what the problem was, but with the
radeon driver on my x86_64 system, I had to run driconf to get
a ~/.drirc file generated, then change the disable_lowimpact_fallback
option to "true", and suddenly googleearth was working very zippy.

I'll attach my .drirc file (assuming I can get attachments to work :-).