Re: Compaq iPAQ interface with FC6?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
I have a hand held computer plugged into the usb port but this is as far
as it goes apparently. nothing shows on the desktop display as is the
usual case with a few other things I have tried.  The user keeps
information in it that he would like to exchange with an FC6 desktop
computer if possible.  This is a Compaq iPAQ model 3970 and appears to
run a version of Windows.

Any suggestions as to what to do next will be appreciated.

If I remember correctly, it is running Windows CE. If so, you may
want to look at the SynCE package.

http://www.synce.org/index.php/SynCE-Wiki

I believe there is a FC RPM for it in one of the repos...

Mikkel
Ok, I checked that site and found synce via yum, and installed it!

Son-in-law left for a job and took the portable computer with him so
I am stopped until he comes back.  Anyway, I have information to work
with now and I thank your for your help.

Bob Goodwin