FC6 & LTSP

I have a LTSP server that I just updated from Fedora Core 4 to Fedora Core 6,
and also updated it to LTSP 4.2.

I can log in to the machine locally, and I can get the GDM login screen on the
terminals as well.  However, when I enter a username/password on the terminal
it accepts my password and the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then the
GDM login screen returns.

If I log in on the server and then use the same username/password on the
terminal, it tells me that I am already logged in and do I want to continue.  I
say YES and the screen goes blank and then returns me to the GDM login screen
again.

I can't find any log that tells me anything of value here.  /var/log/secure
says "Session opened for" and then "Session closed for" two seconds later, but
nothing else.

It appears to be not loading the Gnome desktop when logged in from a terminal.

Does anyone have any ideas about why it would do that?  I have been fiddling
around with this for most of the day and haven't gained much ground from when I
started.