Re: Calling mplayer users

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:40:40 +0000
Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I guess I'll have to fix xine tomorrow - but is mplayer really so lame?

That sounds like a symptom of mplayer using one of the video modes
that allows it to display directly to the framebuffer, bypassing most
of X. Since the image isn't "really" on the display, ksnapshot can't
see it. Among the 3,247,928 possible command line options to mplayer,
I'm pretty sure one of 'em says "Hey render video in an x11 window",
at which point ksnapshot should be able to see it (but mplayer performance
might not be as good).

P.S. I find the interface to mplayer to be totally insane, but mplayer
itself seems to be the only linux tool that plays every video I've ever
thrown at it, so I wouldn't call it lame, just horribly confusing :-).