Re: First boot after Fedora 6 installation hangs up

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 16:30 -0300, Ricardo Dias Campos wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to install Fedora 6 from scratch but after dozens of tries I
> couldn't have a single boot! This is what happens:
>
> After inserting the DVD I choose all the needed options and Fedora
> installs everything. Then it goes to the first boot. It begins to install
> the services but stops, say, while trying to install autofs. The I reboot
> (resetting the hardware) and use the option "I" to get interactive boot.
> Then I tell to not install autofs but it will stop trying to install a
> subsequent service.
>
> The only thing I can say is different from former installations is that
> I'm not using ipv6. I mean, during the installation I choose not to use
> ipv6.
>
> Any help is wellcome.

Rather than go into interactive startup, try adding "noquiet" to the
boot command in grub.  That will show a lot of info and the odds are
that it's not autofs that's messing up, but rather something subsequent,
most likely acpi.  You might also try adding "noacpi" to the boot
command and see if that fixes it.

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-           grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines           -