Re: create an .iso file from an audio cd

Claude Jones wrote:
On Wed December 20 2006 6:21 pm, Markku Kolkka wrote:
Claude Jones kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika torstai 21

joulukuu 2006 00:19):
We have a recording on CD that was made by people in our
organizational chorus - it has ten tracks. We want to take
those and create an .iso image file for associates in our
foreign offices to download and burn their own audio cd's
Audio CDs don't have any filesystem, so you can't use the ISO
image format for them (AFAIK). The cdrdao program can create
a .bin image with a .toc (table of contents) file that can be
used to burn an Audio CD. See "man cdrdao".

Thanks Markku and to all the other responders: I should have been more specific. The image I need to create is one that can be burned on Windows machines with Windows software, preferably open-source. K3b would work in Linux land, but it seems to create its own .img file format for the image, and I couldn't find anything in that other OS world to deal with it. I'm dealing with a large non-profit that has no money to spend on software, and is locked into an installed Windows base. I'm reading away on this...

I know it's not creating an iso, but the Windows clients could be given a folder full of audio files with a Windows Media Player playlist. Then WMP could burn an audio CD for you. You could continue to use K3b in Linux. You'd just end up with a small difference in implementation between Windows and Linux.

Just my thoughts.

Justin W