Please help - CPU error message whilst upgrading to FC6

Title: Please help - CPU error message whilst upgrading to FC6

Hi All,

I am a novice user and am trying to immerse myself in the Joys Of Fedora, but have hit a roadblock.

I currently have FC5 installed on my Compaq Evo N610C laptop computer.
I want to upgrade to FC6 and am trying to install from a DVD.

When I load up the DVD and reboot the laptop, a message appears reading "Your CPU does not support long mode.  Use a 32bit distribution."

I am unable to proceed and have to remove the DVD and reboot.

Any thoughts?  Is this a common issue?  I scanned the Fedora FAQs and Bug logs but couldn't find any clues.

With grateful thanks,
Tony Adams
Melbourne, Australia
E:      adamst8@xxxxxxx

"This e-mail and any attachments to it (the "Communication") is, unless otherwise stated, confidential,  may contain copyright material and is for the use only of the intended recipient. If you receive the Communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete the Communication and the return e-mail, and do not read, copy, retransmit or otherwise deal with it. Any views expressed in the Communication are those of the individual sender only, unless expressly stated to be those of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, or any of its related entities including ANZ National Bank Limited (together "ANZ"). ANZ does not accept liability in connection with the integrity of or errors in the Communication, computer virus, data corruption, interference or delay arising from or in respect of the Communication."