Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:35:51 +0100 (CET)
From: "Manuel Arostegui" <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: storing root password rpm spec file
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all.
I´m packing an application which has got some .sql to configure database.
When you download the tar.gz you have to run the sql by hand, of course, and
all tables, and
databases are created.
Well, I would like to make that process automatically when the rpm is being
installed.

As all of you could imagine to run the sql you must be root, so, I have no
idea about how to ask
for the root password when rpm -i foo.rpm is done.
I mean, I would like to store the root password (I´ve been thinking that
could be done with
"expect") to use it with later, so then, the application will be installed
and the databases will
be set up correctly, cause I don´t want users to install the rpm and after
that run by hand the
sql file.

Any ideas of what to do with the spec file?
Thanks in advance.

Manuel.