Re: sendmail domain masquerade

Matthew Benjamin wrote:
Can someone tell me how to configure domain masquerade to actually work in sendmail. I have changed the entries in sendmail.mc <http://sendmail.mc> and ran make to no avail. The entries I have changed are the listed below in sendmail.mc <http://sendmail.mc> (this listing is the generic listing)...

dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just @mydomainalias.com <http://mydomainalias.com>, but @*.mydomainalias.com as well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
dnl #
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com <http://mydomainalias.com>)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl

--
mB.

Why not show your "not working" sendmail.mc instead of the generic one. What you have changed things to.

Makes it kind of hard to diagnose anything if the relevant information is missing.

We all have the generic one on our machines when we install sendmail. I don't really see the point of posting that one.

Regards,
Ed.