Re: freeze / lock up when plugging in any USB device

> I can only speak for myself.  I haven't had any USB weirdness (yet).
> Therefore, not having the problem, and not seeing enough to let me
> have any idea of the source of your problem, I just couldn't
> comment.  I suspect that many of the others are in that same place.
> No one can fix what is not broke, and on our systems there don't
> appear to be any problems (yet).

I see your point. Bummer. The trouble is that the way I have things
set up, I cannot use those computers without using USBs because I
travel a lot and switch between computers a lot.

My e-mail is all on a USB thumb drive, and I found out last night
there is no way (I can find) to use that on the computer. Even when I
use the proper device address (shown on the laptop's FC6 for the
thumb drive) /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda5, I cannot manually mount a thumb
drive. I can mount only an external hard drive manually. My thumb
drive and multi-card reader cannot be found. Basically, this means I
cannot use my desktop.

You said that you do not see enough to see the source of the problem.
Is there anything I can do to search out the possibilities? Thanks so
much for your comments. It is nice to hear from somebody.